Monday, October 6, 2008

Cool Jazz, Hot Jazz

So when my husband and I were talking about this the other day, my husband made the point that there is a certain temperature for cool jazz and for hot jazz. This had not occurred to me. Also, I was hard pressed to define each one. What are the differing characteristics? I came up with faster tempo and more horns for hot jazz and more mellow sound and perhaps more melody for cool jazz.

My husband feels that cool jazz is just above freezing and hot jazz is just under 100 degrees.

I think those are both extreme temperatures for the genres, but what do I know?

OK. What temperature for Cool Jazz and what temperature for Hot Jazz?

Give definition of each.

Discuss.

In the meantime, here is some jazz, be it cool or hot.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...