Friday, May 2, 2008

Anthony

Yesterday, at my friend M's son's birthday party, the kids played at the playground by a lake. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining and it was warm, but not too warm. About 13 of our kids, all of different ages, played with each other on the slides and the swings and in the sand.

I went over from the shelter area to all of our kids just to see how they were doing and see how they were playing. I saw a cute little boy who I didn't know, playing on the slide.

"Hi!" he said to me.

"Hello."

"I'm Anthony!"

"Hi Anthony. I'm Laura."

"I'm 3 years old."

"I'm 42."

"What?"

"I'm 42 years old."

"Oh. My name is Anthony and I'm 3 years old!"


One day, Anthony will be able to count to 42 and will know what I said. In the mean time, he's happy even though he can't count that high yet.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...