Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Political Discussion in the Middle Ages...

I have had interesting political discussions over the last two years. It was fascinating and nerve wracking watching the roller coaster nature of the Democratic primaries and then the anxiety riddled general election. I LOVE politics. The discussions were very stimulating.

I wonder how it was long ago...

Actually, this youtube video shows what it was like--it's a reenactment of a transcript recently discovered under the floor of the main hall in Windsor Castle. It turns out the English peasants were a more learned people than we all realized. I wasn't taught this in school--who knew they were this sophisticated in Medieval England to question the status quo and dream up a new sense of collective to try to solve their problems?

If I were alive almost 1,000 years ago, I might have entered into political discussions such as these...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...