Monday, November 3, 2008

Guess What Else My Husband Just Bought!

Guess...







































That's right--champagne!! It's for us to toast Obama's electoral victory tomorrow. OK. It's for me. My husband hates champagne. Also, I don't much like it, I'll probably only have a glass or two and end up dumping the rest. But, despite our dislike of it, I think champagne's a fitting beverage to toast Obama's success and ours.

Do you realize that when Obama wins tomorrow, the whole world will heave a collective sigh of relief? We will all know that a thinker will again inhabit the White House and make reasoned, well informed decisions about where our country should be headed.

What goes with champagne? Quiche? Shrimp? Crab legs? Salmon en croute?

I'll figure out something...

Who's pumped? What are you going to do to celebrate tomorrow night?

3 comments:

~JEN~ said...

im so excited. ive cryiing & quoting obama all day!

i am half tempted to stay up all night watching cnn & listening to npr.

yes we can!

DoulaMomma said...

what a fantastic idea - I think I will go buy some champagne too!

I also can't stop choking up - this is a profound moment. I got to help welcome a beautiful baby girl born on this auspicious day and in a few hours I get to go vote for a man in whom I really, really believe.

Laura said...

What an emotionally moving day for you Kim!

We will all be moved soon...

Amazing to have such a transformative, inspiring figure in the White House.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...