Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

Over the weekend, I visited my sister and parents up in Madison. My sister D. and I had a girls' night out and went out to a theater to see Slumdog Millionaire. It is beautifully filmed, wonderfully acted and filled with despairing scenes of slum life and little kids working in the garbage dumps in Mumbai. I cried at those scenes the most--more so than the plot line, which also moved me to tears. I wanted the characters to survive and then I wanted them to succeed.

I left the theater wondering if those scenes could have accurately depicted the harsh reality of the Mumbai slums. Was it real?

Looks real to me...





Here's a short film with real kids just like those depicted in Slumdog Millionaire. This looks real to me too...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...