Wednesday, December 31, 2008

They Made it to around 11:00...Happy New Year!

We have been watching Myth Busters, the Zula Patrol and Gigi. My kids couldn't make it to midnight, and frankly it will be the first time in a long time that my husband and I have.

My son cried that he had a headache, so I helped him to bed and he told me not to wake him at 12:00. Poor kid. My daughter insisted that she was OK and then fell asleep with her head in my lap not 10 minutes past when her brother gratefully was led up to bed. My kids are morning people, there's no getting around that even on New Year's Eve.

When the kids were little, we would toast Happy New Year at midnight in Iceland and then they would go to bed at around their usual time. They were perfectly happy with that arrangement. These days, they have such a great sense of pride and big-kidness that they really tried as hard as they could to make it to the big one two. Not this year...

My husband is now channel surfing and I'm writing this to you.

Any new year resolutions? Any regrets about the last year? (But, don't dwell--that doesn't do anyone any good) Any hopes for the new?

Me? I am going to revise The Compact. I will talk more about it in the coming days. There's a lot to do and just blogging about it doesn't sit that well with me lately. I think it's good to get the word out about the "issues" *I'm doing that air quote thing with my hands*. But, words aren't going to cut it. We need action!! That's where I get stuck...What am I supposed to do? What can I do? Aha! What can I do?! That's it! Eureka! I will do what I can do!! And so will you--and then we will quit kidding ourselves that it's a lot when what's needed is so much more. That's where we can all concentrate--somehow. Hmmm.

Any way--Happy New Year! Do you realize that on January 20th of this new year, Barack Obama will be sworn in as our 44th president? How amazing is that? Also, the 19th will be George Bush's last full day of "work" *I'm doing that air quote thing again with my hands* Don't take any office supplies on the way out there Georgie. Heck of a job, George. Heck of a job...

Happy New Year! See you in 2009. God, doesn't that sound ridiculous?! I still remember Match Game '75--that sounds more reasonable to me...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...