Sunday, December 7, 2008

Halloween Revisited--the Horror...

I never posted these photos. Around Halloween, I was so excited about the upcoming election and frankly, the view we were greeted with that night...I shudder thinking about it. It was horrific. I've never seen anything like it in my life.

Earlier in the day, we carved pumpkins. Our tradition is that the kids sketch out what they might like, they fiddle around with their designs, and then they draw the final design on their pumpkin and my husband helps them carve them.


Here is my daughter's jack-o-lantern. Pretty scary, no? She did a good job.



The kids dig out the guts, and then the design begins to take form as my husband cuts into the pumpkins. Little did we know the menace that awaited us all...

I took my son to his play and my husband took my daughter to be with some of her friends to go trick-or-treating. We all had no idea what we would see on our front step when we got back. Thankfully, I had the presence of mind to photograph it. I still don't know what to make of it.

My son's jack-o-lantern was outside on the front step inviting trick or treaters to take candy. It seems that maybe one took some and never got away. Look for yourself.


OH MY GOD!!!


LOOK!! What IS this?!


Who is this?! What happened?!


It ATE him!!!!


OH MY GOD!!! It ATE him!! What do we do?! Dear GOD!! Why????!!

WHY?!?!?!?!?!?


I think you can all agree that it was quite the nightmare we came home to that night.

You know the funny thing about it all? No one was ever reported missing... No one was ever reported as gone...

I just wish I could get the image out of my mind. It's seared there, forever etched in my brain with all of its horror and gruesome reality--I WISH it had only been a nightmare...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...