Here are the Mamas and the Papas. My kids know the Mamas and the Papas and like them almost as much as my husband and I do. We listen to music that's made especially for children a lot of the time, but we also sometimes listen to rock even around the kids. Sometimes it's OK for them to hear. Sometimes it's not, so we don't let them hear music that we think is too racy or angry or filled with angst--that's for us.
Our kids know the Mamas and the Papas because my husband at a recent family gathering at my Mother-in-law's noticed her unused turntable in her garage. My husband has many skills and one of them is appropriating stuff from his mother. It's one of his gifts. He kind of asks, but only in a this-is-already-decided kind of way. She doesn't care and says yes.
So, my husband got this turntable when we hadn't had one previously and had no record collection. Then he went out every weekend to thrift shops and found records for us.
- The Mamas and the Papas, 16 of their Greatest Hits
- Ray Charles, Greatest Hits
- Crosby, Stills and Nash
- Glenn Miller, A Legendary Performer and his Orchestra
- Rex Harrison Julie Andrews original cast, My Fair Lady
- Zero Mostel, Fiddler on the Roof
- Jean-Paul Kreder Ensemble, Chants de la Renaissance de Claude Lejeune
- Cheap Trick at Budokan
- West Side Story
- The Worst of Jefferson Airplane
- More of Tom Lehrer
- Peter, Paul and Mary
- Jesus Christ Superstar
- The Police, Synchronicity
- Led Zeppelin
- Led Zeppelin II
As this is Monday, let's hear some Mamas and Papas. Enjoy!