Wednesday, June 4, 2008

If I Were Ever to go to a Rock Concert...

If I were maybe in my 20s and not a homeschooling mom to two and I could get into the city for a Poi Dog Pondering concert, where they were performing Jack Ass Ginger it might look something like this...



But, since I have a different reality, sitting here at the computer is as close to that as I can get. Youtube is good. Visiting that is fun. Motherhood and homeschooling and being in my 40s is better...yet, I'm still me, a unique individual who likes Poi Dog Pondering and strong tasting cheeses that freak my kids out and wine and poignant movies and all sorts of things that my kids don't yet know about or appreciate.

So, I can visit parts of myself in various ways as I am my kids' mom and am homeschooling them and not lose myself completely to Rafi and Jim Weiss even as good as they are. I'm an adult and can appreciate sophisticated or raw or hard or complicated things--just not in front of the kids, until they are old enough.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...