Friday, September 26, 2008

Perhaps I could be Secretary of State

Do you know what? Not only have I actually been to foreign countries in my life: Canada, England and France, but I've also been to Alaska! My husband and I were there on our honeymoon...

I think with this kind of experience with other countries, I could probably be Secretary of State or something. When I was in Alaska, I was almost in Russia! So, I have briefly experienced different foreign cultures and so probably have a bead on how to deal with all of 'em. Also, many foreigners come and visit my blog looking for information on kefir. See the visitor counter? Look at all of 'em!! Also, I like things like carpaccio, burritos and croissants. Also, sushi. Oh, and pot stickers. And curry. And borscht. I can list that food appreciation as some more of my very extensive international experience.

Here, we see Sarah Palin explain to Katie Couric how her proximity to Russia gives her international experience, much like my own, except I've actually been to more places than she has...


Watch CBS Videos Online

5 comments:

Lo said...

hahaha you're so snarky i love it. yeah, i'm just waiting for thursday when she as to, you know, speak coherently for more than one question.

Laura said...

She deserves a lot of snark...

I think she will put together a few good sentences and the Republicans will say how good she was.

If Biden destroys her, they will say he was sexist.

Blah, blah, blah.

Idabel Oklahoma said...

hahaha! We're votin for ya. Can't wait till Thursday debate. Did you hear about the drinkin game? Every time palin says maverick,lipstick or russia you take a drink...if she doesn't answer a question take 2 drinks....if she doesn't know what she's talking about just down it. Even if you don't drink, she's enough to make you start.

Laura said...

Oh my God! Everyone will be shit-faced! Pardon my French. Er, uh... my freedom language...

ebehm said...

You got me giggling about your international food experiences. You *are* very experienced! Really, though, having travelled and lived abroad (only to Western Europe and a bit of Asia) I know that you gain a more realistic perspective on culture and people by travelling. Palin didn't even have a passport until recently! It shows her provinicalism and probable inability to understand perspectives different than those of the average American.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...