Monday, June 29, 2009

In 3, 2, 1...



Blast off!

My son has been waiting to shoot off this rocket since he got it as a gift at Christmas. On Saturday morning, we went to a big, nearby park.

I give you, my son, the rocket scientist.


My son and his assistant setting up the gear.


Hooking up the battery...


Ready to go. Note the homemade launch pad.


Quickly getting out of the way...


Ready to make contact... in three, two, one...


BLAST OFF!

(Look at the faces--Who is the kid in that picture? It's a tie.)

Trying to spot it in the sky...


Spotted it! Filming and running at the same time...


It's coming down...


There it is!


It landed!


Let's do it again!


No damage. My son just needs to repack the parachute.


Ready to go again...


In three, two, one... BLAST OFF!


Blasted...

2 comments:

Dandy said...

I love the look on their faces after blast off. I was pretty impressed myself.

Laura said...

Yeah, aren't their faces fun?

I only wish I could have photographed it--the rocket went at least 100 feet into the sky.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...