Saturday, April 4, 2009

Raise Your Hand if You Love Amadou and Miriam!

*My hand raised* Oooh, I do! I'm raising my hand like Arnold Horshack here.

Amadou and Mariam are a rock/blues/folk duo from Mali who met at a school for the blind and discovered that they both shared a great love of music...they married, and have continued to make beautiful music together for the past three decades.

Here's Toubala Kono:



And from their recent album...uh, I mean CD (sorry, a flashback to my childhood terminology there. Although, it is still an album of music, isn't it?) Welcome to Mali, the song, Sabali:



Here's Djama:



This song is beautiful. Fete au Village:



Je Pense a Toi is also beautiful to hear and the images in this video are stunningly beautiful:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...