Thursday, January 8, 2009

I've Discovered Photoshop

My husband designs things for a company. Yes, things. Stuff. But, the stuff he designs is of a good quality and is ultimately used by creative people to make their own stuff. Not all stuff is bad. His stuff could be handed down to a whole new generation of stuff-users. Really, it could.

This is how we've come to have Photoshop here in our house. And now I have my brother-in-law's hand-me-down camera so I've been discovering what I can do when I combine snow, a digital SLR camera and Photoshop.

Look what I did yesterday:



This series I call, Bikes Left on Back Porch Even Though it's the Winter.








Here's a set I like to call, Evergreen Shrub on Back Porch.






Here's a shot I have named, Underside of Metal Porch Chair: Could be a Twin to a Victor Vasarely Print



Look:



See? Twins.



These are my Twigs and Plants series. I think they've turned out nicely.







Back to basics with Logs.








This one is called, I've Come Unhinged.





Here's a little something I like to call Desaturation Black and White Tree Mombo





And finally, Good Fences make Good neighbors.



But, do you think that's true? Do good fences make good neighbors? Does it depend on who is controlling the fence? What if some want to go the other side--what then?

2 comments:

DoulaMomma said...

very cool - I love close up shots...would love photoshop, but hard to justify when no one in my house designs stuff for a living!

Laura said...

We have certain things that we wouldn't have if not for my husband's job. There is no way that we would have an expensive photo editing software program if not for my husband's job. No way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...