Friday, January 30, 2009

Date Night

My husband and I have a date tonight. Can you even believe that?! I can't. Our lifestyle is so simple and we're both homebodies--perfectly happy to do stuff with each other and the kids around the house. But, tonight we have a date.

We're going out to dinner, haven't figured out where yet, and then to a play at a local theater. Doesn't that sound like a proper date? It is!

I don't live near my family. We're all within a couple of hours of each other, but not quite close enough to have them babysit frequently. And, when they were babies and toddlers, I nursed my kids constantly and neither one of us in the nursing dyad felt comfortable apart--that darned attachment thing...So, we never really established a babysitter. My husband and I never got into the routine of a date night.

What will I wear? I don't think I can quite get away with my jeans. Black pants and a blouse of some sort?

When my husband and I do go on a date, we get relaxed and happy and giggly and crack each other up and laugh--a lot.

We should do that more...

Hey, friends in my homeschooling group--how about a babysitting co-op? Who wants to trade with me? We'll watch the kids while you go have a proper date. Any takers?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...