Sunday, May 24, 2009

Poll on Fake Medical Journals

It recently was exposed that Merck created fake journals in order to quote studies to help their reps sell their products to doctors. It was all bogus. I created a poll to see what people thought the ultimate number of fake journals would be.

In previous polls where maybe people weren't the most inspired to vote their choice, I inflated the results for fun. Always above board, I will once again do that here...

Of the 40,000 people who responded in the recent poll (OK it was 4, but I'm inflating it... for fun... see?), "How Many Fake Journals Produced by Pharmaceutical Companies Will be Exposed?" no one answered 6, 8, 10, 15 or 20. However, 25% or 10,000 of you answered "More Than 20". We don't trust the pharmaceutical companies that much, do we? A whopping 75% or 30,000 of you answered, "30 or more--oh my God have they no sense of decency?"

Time will tell, and it will come out. If there is any more news about this, I will share it. We will see what the total is eventually...

Don't you hate liars?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...